Dynamic Retail Centre for Emerald
Highland Central opens the door to companies seeking a presence in this highly lucrative location.
Situated on the busy Gregory Highway, opposite the recently extended Emerald Airport, Highland Central is set to emerge as the new retail and services hub in the region. With major mining projects set to commence in the region, Highland Central is ideally positioned to allow local and surrounding business and residents’ direct and convenient access to goods and services minimising extended travel to other regional areas.
- Building 1 - 6,220m2 exceptional design for Large Format Retail
- Building 2 - 2,400m2 designed for one large user or joint tenants combining 1,700m2 and 700m2 flexible floor plate options
- 220 Car parks – generously sized 2.75m x 5.5m car parks allow easier access for 4 wheel drive vehicles.
- Intelligently planned Loading Dock Areas assist in ease of access and efficient delivery of goods
- Overall development design optimises the massive retail frontage available and provides excellent visual exposure
- Major infrastructure projects proposed in the area including the new Airport access road directly opposite Highland Central creating consistent and significant traffic loads along Gregory Highway
- Over 1,600 new homes developed or in development in the immediate area presents strong opportunities for Large Format Retailer.
High Growth and High Income Location
Emerald has become the pivotal retail base in the region with population growth in the area and surrounding areas projected to exceed 55,000 by 2016. Highland Central will cater to this growing market of higher income earners who have come to expect a wider range and variety of retail products for the residential and lifestyle requirements.
The average annual household income for the Emerald Shire is $92,317 with a Queensland average of $67,535. (Conics EIA Report 2009)
- Approximately $111.6 to $144.4 million or 68% to 73% of LFR expenditure generated in the trade areas is leaving the area or not captured in the key retail area (Emerald business centre) in the Central Highlands.
- The 8,620m2 of LFR floor space will generate local expenditure and help claw back the current high levels of escape expenditure leaving the trade areas to other centres such as Rockhampton and Mackay.
(Information sourced from Conics EIA Report, 2009)
Images are indicative only